VOTING takes place in the Local Elections on Thursday 7th May 2015. Those elected to the three seats in the South West Holderness Ward will be representing the people of Hedon on East Riding of Yorkshire Council for the next four years.
This Hedon Blog page brings you the news of the campaign (which for many of the candidates has already been waging since the summer of last year) and also provide an opportunity for residents to put questions direct to the candidates via our Holderness Ask the Candidates! #HATC15 facility (see below).
We will put popular questions to the candidates under each candidate’s web page. Each has taken up the opportunity to put forward their case to explain why YOU should vote for them via a web page on the Hedon Blog. We have included any public contact details the candidates would care to include, plus links to their party websites where sent in to us. We will also reproduce any leaflets issued by candidates on their page as well.
The candidates are:
|Candidates (√ = have sent statement)|
|BLACK, Neil √
|BRYAN, Mike √
|DENNIS, John √
|GALLANT, Steve √
|ROMMELL, Sarah √
|STEEL, Sue √
|STOCKDALE, Brian √
|WEST, Terry √
**Election News will be listed here **
- Conservatives the favourites? But take nothing for granted! – 2nd May
- Sarah Rommell may be the underdog in this election but she could inspire the anti-cuts vote – 30th April
- So just what impact will UKIP have in the South West Holderness poll? We explore the ‘UKIP Factor’ locally – 27th April
- Steve Gallant has published his election statement – 24th April
- Sarah Rommell, Independent, seeks your votes – 23rd April
- Election Mania in Hedon! – 22nd April
- We look at the Labour campaign and its intentions to pull off a coup in South West Holderness – 22nd April
- Mike Bryan, Conservative, explains why he is standing for re-election – 21st April
- In the last week election leaflets have been delivered through doors in Hedon. Labour have distributed leaflets; one supporting Margaret Pinder, the other supporting Margaret and the Labour Party’s South Holderness candidates. UKIP have distributed a leaflet supporting Terry West as a Ward candidate, and another as a Hedon Town Council candidate – uploaded 18th April
- John Dennis has published his case for re-election on the Hedon Blog – 15th April
- EIGHT candidates nominated to fight for your votes for THREE council seats – 10th April
- Brian Stockdale, Labour Party has published his Blog election statement – 6th April
- Sue Steel, Conservative, has published her election statement on the Blog – 31st March
- Neil Black, Labour Party, publishes his reasons for standing for election – 30th March
- Terry West of UKIP has published his election statement – 30th March
Ask the Candidates! #HATC15 (also on Facebook)
Please submit your general question to the candidates – by 12 noon Friday 24th April. Those questions asked most frequently will certainly be put to the candidates.
Note: You can opt to give us your phone number if you would be interested in asking your question to the candidates at any public hustings. Note – we will never publish your telephone.