HISTORIAN and Honorary Freeman of Hedon, Dr Martin Craven, has written a new local history book entitled “The History of Thorngumbald Hall and its Owners”.
The book follows the history of the original hall built for Samuel Standidge in the eighteenth century, through to its demolition and rebuild for Charles H. Johnson in 1880 and recent restoration by the Lanhams.
The story of the hall’s past owners is covered up to modern times and contains a chapter written by Ian Lanham of its architectural features. Family history research has been undertaken by Pauline Ashurst.
The book is 100 pages long and is fully illustrated. A print run of only 100 copies has been made. The book costs £12, plus £2.30 for postage.
If any person would like to purchase a copy, please call Martin on (01482) 640081.