Further businesses and premises are required to close under the latest Government Guidance:
Takeaway and delivery services may remain open and operational and can be a new activity supported by the new permitted development right. This covers the provision of hot or cold food that has been prepared for consumers for collection or delivery to be consumed, reheated or cooked by consumers off the premises. Online retail is still open and encouraged and postal and delivery service will run as normal.
Retail and public premises, which the Government expects to remain open, must:
- ensure a distance of 2 meters between customers and shop assistants; and
- let people enter the shop only in small groups, to ensure that spaces are not crowded
- queue control is required outside of shops and other essential premises that remain open
So which businesses and premises are still open and offering services in the local area? We hope to bring that information to you so that there are more options available for getting supplies, and any essential journeys you have to make during the crisis can be swifter and more direct.
Those businesses/premises that can stay open, include:
- Supermarkets and other food shops.
- Food delivery and takeaway can remain operational
- Pharmacies and chemists
- Petrol stations
- Hardware shops
- Veterinary surgeries and pet shops
- Corner shops and newsagents
- All Post Offices
- Off-licenses and licensed shops selling alcohol, including those within breweries
- High street banks, building societies, short-term loan providers, credit unions and cashpoints
This list is not exhaustive.
On HU12 Online we have begun the job of identifying which local businesses and services remain open especially if they offer local household delivery enabling people to stay at home.
If you are a local supplier that is remaining open, and especially if you can offer home delivery, then please get in touch with us via our designated web page:
#StayAtHome #ProtectTheNHS #SaveLives
Categories: Coronavirus Epidemic