Interested in photography? Bring your cameras and have a go at five photographic challenges at Hedon Viewfinders on Wednesday, February 19, 2020, at the Haven Arms, Havenside, Hedon.
The special night which starts at 7pm has been designed to encourage photographers to get to know their cameras better. It will comprise five fun but technical and creative challenges. You’ll get a chance to work on each, and if you’re unfamiliar with your camera settings, more experienced photographers can help you to set up and shoot some great images. The five challenges are splash photography, a lit match, taking beautiful points of light backgrounds, photographing bubbles and eggs!
1. Splash photography – Capture a dramatic splash effect with our drops apparatus.
2. Lighting a match – Think three parts of this with our giant matches; the ignition, the flare and the settling flame
3. Bokeh – Create an attractive background with points of light whilst keeping your subject clear.
4. Blowing bubbles – How creative can you get?
5. Eggs – Bring your own egg! What creative opportunities can you set up for the other photographers present?
Ray Duffill from the club said: “This will be a learning opportunity with your cameras for some, and a whole host of photographic fun for everyone. We’ll be issuing some light-hearted spot prizes on the evening too for the most-improved participants! Everyone is welcome at the free, fun and friendly Hedon Viewfinders photographic club.”
Photo: Examples of splash photography actually done over a kitchen sink.