Holderness Decorative and Fine Arts Society is part of the new revamped national ‘Arts Society’ and will be known as ‘The Arts Society: Holderness’ from November 2018.
“The promotion and advancement of aesthetic education and cultivation and study of the decorative and fine arts.”
We hold illustrated talks by national and local speakers on arts subjects from Artist to Architecture and from Jewellery to Japanese Art. We also run day and residential trips.
We met at 10.30am on the 3rd Thursday of each month (except August and December) at the Floral Hall in Hornsea. Refreshments are available before the talk and lunch can be purchased afterwards.
Membership is only £40 a year or a £5 donation for individual talks (up to a maximum of 3 visits). Just come along and join in at any of the following talks this year:
- Thursday 18th January – Faberge and the Russia Royal family
- Thursday 15th February – Splendours of Ancient Mexico
- Thursday 15th March – Chatsworth and the Devonshire Collections
- Thursday 19th April – British Ice Age Art
- Thursday 17th May – Let No One Forget
- Thursday 21st June – Posters of the Belle Epoque
- Thursday 19th July – On the Road to Mandalay
- Thursday 20th September – Tribal Rugs: Treasures of the Black Tent
- Thursday 18th October – Wonder Workers and the Art of Illusion
- Thursday 15th November – Jean-Etienne Liotard: Paint in Pastels
Photo: Ray Duffill