HEDON TOWN COUNCIL
Annual Town Meeting
OPEN TO REGISTERED ELECTORS OF THE TOWN OF HEDON
Thursday 17th April 2014
At the Town Hall, Hedon
THE MAYOR OF HEDON IN THE CHAIR
- Welcome by the Town Mayor
- To agree and adopt the minutes of the 2013 Annual Town Meeting
- To consider any matters arising from the minutes
- To receive the Town Mayor’s Annual Report and Chairmen’s Reports.
- To receive reports from groups or organisations operating within Hedon which the town council may have helped to fund
- OPEN FORUM – An opportunity for residents of Hedon to ask questions on matters relating to the business of the town.
(a) Attendance of Councillors – Will the Council set up a system to bring the
Councillor before the Council or Personnel Committee to explain their
(b) Dangerous Footpath – The Council voted to take no action. Do you think
this is a prudent decision? Are you not endangering the residents of
(c) Horsewell Restoration – The Council set up a working group, what decisions have the group made on the restoration of the pond?
(d) Annual Town Meeting:
(i) Why has the Council introduced a requirement for written questions,
with seven days advance notice?
(ii) When was this change to previous practice discussed and agreed by
the full Council.
(e) KC Broadband – Can the Council organise a petition from local people,
schools, businesses, GP practices, the library and the Councillors to
express the whole town’s desire for a better service from KC?
(f) In relation to the ABP/Siemens investment and the lift it will give the economy of the area – The Town may have it’s historic status, but it doesn’t appear to have any clear plan for the inevitable future development of Hedon, other than trying to keep everything as it is – a recipe for stagnation not growth. How is the Council going to address this challenge on traffic, parking and drainage in particular with East Riding, Yorkshire Water and ABP?
(g) Where are young people going to buy or rent in Hedon in the future as demand grows and supply doesn’t?