ELECTION candidates have been busy delivering campaign leaflets for the Hedon Town Council election on Thursday 6th February.
Terry West says on his leaflet that people will know where he stands on national and local issues as a result of standing for UKIP. A national UKIP leaflet circulated with the candidate’s local leaflet declared that the party was “fighting against; Labour immigration failure, Tory over-development, Liberal sell-out to the EU and against Green energy price hikes.”
On local issues, Terry West says he will work hard to (Hedon Blog summary follows):
- protect the green areas left in Hedon from any further building developments (he mentions Ivy Lane, Station Lane and Magdalen Lane);
- retain free-of-charge short stay car parking;
- support a local shuttle bus service within the Hedon boundary to help with parking problems;
- make full use of the Hedon town council building and Alexandra Hall, and where possible promote these as paying venues to help with the council budget;
- promote the re-opening of the Hedon Haven
- improve road safety in Hedon.
The leaflet has been scanned and reproduced below.
The Hedon Blog aims to bring you news from the campaign at BY-ELECTION Thursday 6th February 2014.