THE COUNTDOWN to the Switch-On of Hedon’s Christmas Lights is well and truly on (literally! if you’ve noticed our countdown calendar in the Blog sidebar).
The switching on of the Christmas Tree lights officially welcomes the festive season to Hedon. Santa, Santa’s Sleigh, and Santa’s Reindeer will all be visiting the town for this special night on Friday 29th November
3013 (that’s 2013 – thanks Steve!).
All the favourites you expect at Christmas will be there once again with the street stalls, children’s rides, carol singers, band and assorted hot food available. The event will be broadcast on KCFM. The Hedon Calendar will be on sale.
Note: EYMS the bus company state that St Augustine’s Gate, Market Place and George Street will all be closed. So the Service 277 buses which leave Hedon (Thorn Road Corner) at 4.46pm, 5.46pm and 6.50pm will divert via New Road and Hull Road to Saltend, then Staithes Road to Preston.
Once again we would like to make this page available to community organisations and traders so you can let visitors and residents know what you’ve got planned for the night. E-mail us at email@example.com or leave us a comment below.
The lights will be officially switched on at 6:30pm.
What else is going on:
- Hello, we will be opening late on the night, and have mince pies and mulled wine on offer! Thanks, and hope to see you all on the night! Larards Residential Sales, 6 St Augustines Gate, Hedon.
- Facebook @bramblessweetsBP will be there selling lots of traditional sweets for you to munch on and some lovely gifts too, lucky dips will be available for the children. so come and say hi.
- Alexandra Hall will be a pit-stop for cake and provisions organised by the Churches Together in Hedon and District.
- The Chatty Couch will be open for the Christmas Lights with all their teas, coffees, hot chocolates available for takeout. They are also going to be serving hot soup, jacket potatoes with various fillings, homemade sausage rolls and a selection of cakes. These can be for takeout too if prefered.
- Hedon Youth Group: Young people and volunteer staff will be manning a stall at the Christmas light switch on. We will be selling sweet and savoury foods, e.g. homemade sausage rolls and cup cakes etc. All proceeds towards funds to purchase more equipment for the young people throughout 2014. We would like to thank the big Hedon Co-op for kindly donating the food ingredients.
PS: Don’t forget our Hedon Blog Christmas Photo Competition – the Switch-On is a great opportunity for some great photographs!