South Holderness Cricket Club – Cup Presentations – 2013 Season.
A decent crowd were in attendance to see the Saturday (21st September) evening Trophy Presentations made by the Hon. Treasurer and statistician Keiron Metcalfe, and the Hon. Secretary and Club President, Malc Ripley.
- 1st Xl Batting–Rich Ingram 838 runs to average 39.90, with 10 x fifties.
- An Xl Batting, — Gary Chapman, 382 runs, at 47.75.
- 1st Xl Bowling Cup, —- Rich Rosindale, with 38 wickets at 17.10.
- An Xl Bowling Cup, — Ian Harrison, 24 wickets at average 7.50.
- Wicket-keeping Cup — Jamie Walkley, 34 victims, (22 Caught, 12 Stumpings).
- Leading Batsman — Rich Ingram.
- Leading Bowler — Andy Kunkel.
- Special Junior Award– Finn Riley.
- Young Cricketer of the Year– Liam Colclough (88 runs and 11 wickets in senior cricket!).
- An Xl Fielding Cup– Graham Slinger with 5 catches.
- 1st Xl Fielding Trophy — Lewis Duell with 7 catches.
- 1st Xl Players’ Player — Rich Ingram.
- An Xl Players’ Player — Ian Harrison.
- SHCC Player of the Year — Lewis Duell, with 549 runs at 30.50, together with 27 wickets at 28.00 apiece.
- Most Improved Player overall — Phil Hill, with a total of 346 runs (with two maiden fifties) an average of 21.60,
- Sixes hit League — Steve Crane, with 15 sixes, in his 400 aggregate, plus 49 fours.
Malc’s Stacks of Cricket Stats and Facts!
Rich Ingram’s unbeaten 186 made in 2011, remains the highest ever recorded individual Score, within the 131 year old Club, which included no less than 26 fours and eight sixes.
To follow are:- the late Tony Wilcockson’s 160 not out in 1966, v Stamford Bridge, Dave Gatti with 156, left-hander Steve Duell’s 151, 133 from Mike Oliver and Pete Goaten’s undefeated 121.
Overall, Mike Oliver aggregates a tally of 6,213, to be followed by Mark Brooks (at Walkington CC now), with 5,675, then Rich Ingram 5,620, and Rich Rosindale on 5,014.
On the Bowling front, Simon Hill’s haul of 65 victims in the 1991 summer remains at the top, to be followed by, some four years ago (2009) by all-rounder Rich Rosindale’s haul of 56, whilst Andy Johnson took 55 for the Club in 1994.
Conversely, in non league cricketing terms, being prior to the ER Pennant Alliance having its very first (league) season in 1958, “Rask” Fred Hopper had a haul of 104 wickets during his 1951 season for the Club, but this feat is most unlikely to be ever even reached……?
Paul Robinson, Kim Baish and lastly Dave Crane, have all had the accolade of all ten wickets in an innings for SHCC, with Neal Everingham once returning 9 for 32 in a match.
Glen Berry, is unlikely to reach the magic figure of 500 wickets with the Holderness Club, unless he comes out of retirement, as he remains presently on 498 victims in all his cricket, chased by Andy Johnson with 337, the retired Simon Hill on 302 and, surely and arguably the Club’s best All-Rounder in the form of Rich Rosindale, standing with 296 wickets to his credit…… unless you know any different, that is??
Lastly – but definitely not least! Match Ball Sponsors 2013:
The Committee would like to thank the following for their generous Match Ball Sponsorship over the past season, your efforts are much appreciated. Thank You!
- ARCO Ltd, of Hull.
- Jane Brooks Law, of Hedon.
- Beercock, Wlies & Wick, of Hedon.
- Cranswick Country Foods, of Preston.
- J P Dennis, of Hedon.
- A E Draper Ltd, of Hull.
- Footprints Chiropody, of Hull.
- The Flower Shop, of Hedon.
- Former Player Peter Foley.
- KP Metcalfe, of Elloughton.
- Former player Peter Robson.
- Stuart Saunt, Corn Merchants, of Burstwick.
- Philip Screeton, of Leeds.
The Club also gives its thanks to IP Wealth Management (Steve Crane) and Heron Foods for their sponsorship support.