SARAH ROMMELL is the new councillor on Hedon Town Council. The independent beat her Labour opponent Steve Gallant by 44 votes.
- Sarah Rommell, Independent – 250 votes
- Steve Gallant – 206 votes
Electorate: 5,065 – Turnout 9% – Thursday 25th April 2013
- Sarah Rommell wins Town Council Election – Hedon Blog, Fri 26th April
- Sarah Rommell Election Leaflet – Hedon Blog, Fri 19th April
- Steve Gallant: “Secret election” claim – HU12 Online, Sat 13th April
- Sarah Rommell publishes Election Statement – Hedon Blog, Wed 10th April
- Steve Gallant publishes Election Statement on the Hedon Blog – Mon 8th April
- Labour’s Steve Gallant Election leaflet challenges Hedon Town Council – Hedon Blog, Sun 7th April
- No polling cards for Hedon Town Council Election – HU12 Online, Sat 6th April
- Candidates invited to submit election statements – Hedon Blog, Fri 5th April
THERE is an ELECTION for a new Hedon Town Councillor.
Two candidates have been nominated, they are:
Steve Gallant who on the official notice is described as a Labour Party candidate.
Sarah Jane Rommell who is described as Independent of any political party.
The poll will take place on the Thursday 25th April 2013.
Polling Station: Hedon Methodist Church, Church Lane – 7am – 10pm
NOTE: There will be NO POLLING CARDS issued for this election.
The decision not to issue polling cards means that publicity for the election – letting people know that it is on – will be down to the local media and a supply of official election notices posted in public buildings, shop windows, etc. And of course the candidates can produce their own election material.
So PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD that an election is on – You do not need a polling card to vote on Thursday 25th April 2013!