THE CAFE AT HEDON CO_OP on Hull Road is once again the venue for a local police surgery on Wednesday 18th May 2011, from 4:00pm – 5:00pm.
Another Police Surgery will take place in Preston at the All Saints Church Hall on Thursday 19th May from 10:00am until 11:00am.
Police surgeries are an opportunity for you to meet privately with a member of the neighbourhood team to discuss any policing issue of concern. These are drop-in events so you may have to wait a few minutes.
The police surgery in Hedon is taking place following a number of burglaries and thefts in the town. Inspector Phil Hinch, Humberside Police, in a circular issued recently in the Drapers Lane area listed the following crimes:
- A shed broken into on Westlands Drive on Friday 29th April
- A garage broken into on Alured Garth and a bicycle stolen on Saturday 30th April
- Two sheds being broken into on Alured Garth on Saturday 7th May
- A vehicle broken into on Drapers Lane an a handbag, laptop, ipod and mobile phone stolen on Sunday 8th May
- A conservatory broken into on Drapers Lane and a school bag was taken along with a bicycle from a garden shed on Sunday 8th May.
Humberside Police are keen to emphasise that Hedon is a safe place to live, but asks residents to help by keeping their homes, garages and sheds secure and locked and report anything out of the ordinary to the police – no matter how small you think it may be – you could help stop a potential burglar.
Be aware of who is in your neighbourhood and contact the police if you are concerned or notice something suspicious on telephone 0845 60 60 222 or 999 in an emergency. Information on the crimes listed above should be reported to the Hedon Neighbourhood Police Team on the same number.