The following summary of events at the last Town Council Planning Meeting of 9th September 2010 has been sent by Councillor Jim Lindop. They are based on notes of the meeting and should not be taken as any official record. They are being provided here for residents’ information and interest.
- Consideration was given to three planning applications, one of which was a change of use from retail to a restaurant at The Green Print at 18B Market Place Hedon.
- Members will consider, for the next meeting, the re-appraisal of the Hedon and Hedon Haven Conservation areas being conducted by the East Riding of Yorkshire Council. This is to either increase or decrease the size of the conservation area and/or make any additions to the areas special character and appearance.
- It was noted with pleasure that children taking part in the Lifestyle Project had cleared and planted flowers at the entrance to the Old Railway Track at Station Lane. Another group from the Westlands Estate have raised money and purchased a picnic bench which it was agreed to install on Market Hill for the benefit of residents and visitors.
- Following the reclassification of Middle Lane as a ‘restricted byway’ all “obstructions” had to be removed. Consideration was given to the possible requirement, provision and cost of a fence to protect the amenity area at Drapers Lane. Hedon Town Council will discuss this matter with their Health and Safety consultant.
- Much discussion took place with regard to residents’ concerns in relation to the flood demonstration building works being conducted by the East Riding of Yorkshire Council at Albina Garth and possible traffic problems that may arise on scheduled viewing days towards the end of September. Hedon Town Council members agreed to ask the East Riding of Yorkshire Council to restrict access to Albina Garth to residents only on these days. It was noted that the “building” should be removed and the site reinstated to its original state in October.
- Town Council members were given details of quotations received to provide a hearing loop in the Town Hall council chamber. It was agreed that the Town Clerk contact the East Riding of Yorkshire Council requesting details of their loop systems.
- Members discussed the possibility of additional directional road signage indicating the position of Hedon town centre. It was agreed that Councillor Lindop prepare a short report on this matter for submission to the next Planning meeting.
With many thanks to Councillor Jim Lindop for providing these notes. (Images: Hedon Blog).