AS A RESULT of a Freedom of Information Request the East Riding Council has released the following information about the council newspaper East Riding News:
- East Riding News distributed monthly to 148,664 homes in the East Riding.
- The total expenditure cost for production and distribution for 2008/2009 was £573,277.69.
- Of the £573,277.69 spent, £556,228.29 was offset by advertising.
- Of the £556,228.29 generated through advertising in 2008/2009, £135,000 comes from external sources.
- Other public sector partners that pay to run advertising in East Riding News are; Hull City Council, Hull College, NHS East Riding, East Riding College, Humberside Fire and Rescue,
Bishop Burton College, Humberside Police Authority, Wilberforce College, Humberside Police, Wyke College, Sure Start, Hull University, Lincoln University, Connexions, Amy Recruitment, MORE project.
- Recruitment advertising forms part of the advertising in the newspaper.
- There is no editorial policy guide to govern the material which is placed in the newspaper.
- There is no advertising policy guide to govern the sort of advertising which is suitable for the newspaper.
- Nine people are employed to put the newspaper together. However, it must be stressed that each member of staff is not dedicated to the production of East Riding News which forms a relatively small part of their work. The total time added together represents approximately one full-time employee at salary £16,830/annum. All staff have additional roles and responsibilities.
The full information relating to this Freedom of Information request is available at Council Newspaper – WhatDoTheyKnow
Categories: East Yorkshire UK