The Geograph British Isles project aims to represent every square mile of the country through photographs. This – of course – includes Hedon. The project is described briefly below (from Home Page).
What is Geographing?
· It’s a game – how many grid squares will you contribute? ·
· It’s a geography project for the people ·
· It’s a national photography project ·
· It’s a good excuse to get out more! ·
· It’s a free and open online community project for all
If you visit the website and click on the search facility and enter Grid Reference for the centre of Hedon, TA1828 (or a postcode) then the programme brings up the photographs related to those coordinates. Over 4,100 images have already been submitted for Hedon.
The Geograph project is a community project enabling you to register and submit your own photographs. One of the main contributors to Hedon photos is Andy Beecroft. Some of his images are breathtaking.
It’s a good interesting project – and tempting me to pick up the camera I’ve neglected for some time – usually a job that Mrs (David Bailey) Duff takes up with gusto!